Fascinators are like light-weight headbands which are used to partially cover the head, and, in most cases, they are like a substitute to the traditional hat. In earlier days they were worn on formal occasions such as weddings or horse racing. Now, you can find women wearing them even in casual meetings and outings as a fashion accessory. Still have no idea about what fascinators are? Then try to recall the royal wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton. They wear the fascinator in their wedding party and you can even find some fascinator in every western wedding party. Most of the female guests were wearing them. Now a racing fascinator is the one which is generally worn for racing events.
What is the relation between the racing and the fascinator?
Racing originated several centuries ago with the advent of the monarchs and kings. It still remains just as popular event today. Racing involved a lot of money and it was considered a game of the rich. The women, who came to see racing wore fascinators. With the passage of time it became a tradition and racing fascinators became a rage. Since the rich group of people wore the racing fascinator, the fascinators became a mark of status, fashion and class. From the kingdom to the current time, women use the racing fascinators to execute status and these fascinators not only increase their status, and project them in a proper way, but the racing fascinators can also protect their hair from dust and dirt.
So why wear a racing fascinator?
• It can provide great depth to your outfit. Does your outfit lack a little something, but you can’t figure out
what it is? Just wear a racing fascinator and you will find a changed look instantly.
• It won’t matter even if the rest of your outfit is boring because the fascinator will keep the attention.
• Racing fascinators need not be exclusive to racing and people can use them on other events too.
• They make you look fancy and attractive.
• You can showcase your creativity and personality by customizing your racing fascinators. Fascinators are always considered as a best fashion accessory and people can easily carry them.
How to wear them correctly?
• Usually racing fascinators are worn at the right side of your head. So, unless the design is symmetric, make sure that the fascinator is on the right side.
• The color of the fascinators should be lighter than your outfit or you can choose the same color fascinators for your racing events. (This is a bendable rule and exceptions can be made)
• Choose a fascinator that matches your face structure and jaw line.
• A suitable pair of earrings and a neat hairstyle is compulsory. Long, hanging earrings may distract the attention from the fascinator and you can wear some diamond studs with your racing fascinators.
• Make sure the fascinator fits your head and is suitable and appropriate. It should not be too large for you. You can find different types of fascinators available in the market and you can choose the best one according to your face style such as if you have round face then you can choose the rectangle fascinator. For more details, you can contact the fascinator designers and they will assist you to choose the best one for your upcoming event.
Often racing fascinators are expensive and sometimes even cost more than your entire outfit. So, research well and pick them with care. Fascinators definitely bring a positive energy to the room. They make heads turn. So, turn your “Mad Hatter” mode on and go get yourself a racing fascinator.
Guest post by: Amelia Varley