Oh, and – Last Tweet until 13:39 + 30secs, I will be making homemade Wagamama’s Firecracker and Bang Bang Cauliflower on weekend.
— Miamii 🌈🦄 Mansour (@_Miamii_) March 9, 2017
Am I going to be telling you how to recreate Nicki Minaj’s ‘Bang Bang‘ music video featuring Jessie J and Ariana ‘not a font but should be’ Grande? Sadly, no. Not yet!
Who knows, if I wake up with Michael Flatley Syndrome and can all of a sudden dance like nobody’s watching, maybe… #AnythingsPossible
To tide you over until that miraculous yet never going to happen occasion, I’ve got the next best thing – a Wagamama not-so classic ‘Bang Bang’ cauliflower recipe.
Here’s a question I should get asked all the time: “how did you discover Wagamama’s Bang Bang Cauliflower?” The answer is simple. It’s a funny story, really… I remember it like it was yesterday!
*Every* upon a time (I would say “Once” but my weighing scales won’t prove that), I queued up for what felt like an ETERNITY to be seated. However, as if by sorcery/magic/wizardry, a table became vacant thereafter!
I sat down with my (not S Club) party, managing to put my phone down long enough to actually READ the menu… Who does that? #Savage!
Somehow – over the crowded restaurant’s all-inclusive endless elbow ‘Bang Bang’s (which I was getting from the person next to me #DecorProblems #GrandDesignsSOS OR #60MinuteMakeoverSOS) – our eyes sort of “met”…
You know, that #50ShadesofHungry #FeedMeNow #TakeALLOfMyMoney kinda shizz…
Enough about that, let’s get discussing ingredients, one of which – I don’t think is mentioned near enough – is cauliflower… I dunno, call me the ‘Cauliflower whisperer’ but I think you’re going to need it!
Who knows, maybe not… Got Broccoli? #ThugLyf. You need to be behind BARS with that attitude, mate! I’m on the “dog and bone” (after winning #Crufts2017) to the Vegetable Patch Po Po’s NOW!
D’Arrest is HISTORY! ❤️
- 1 large head cauliflower (if you managed to read that with a straight face, you need a Vegan knighthood)
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch or arrowroot
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sparkling water
- Shredded lettuce (to serve as garnish)
- Green onions – sliced (to serve as garnish)
- 7 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3-4 tablespoons Sriracha
‘Steps‘ are going on tour. But, before they do – here are the Steps to making #BangBangCauliflower: *you can opt to sing the instructions for full effect*
- Preheat oven to 450° F and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cut the cauliflower into small bitesized (BBC Revision, kids! Get on it like 200 car bonnets) pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond meal, tapioca, coconut flour, water, salt, and paprika.
- Place the cauliflower into the bowl and toss until each piece is coated.
- Arrange pieces on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 25 minutes flipping once halfway through.
- While the cauliflower is baking – make the sauce. *see Step 8 or risk ‘Tragedy‘*
- In a small pot over medium high heat whisk together all ingredients except for the mayo and sriracha.
- Bring to a boil for 2-3 minutes then reduce to a simmer. Allow to cook until thickened about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Once cool mix with the mayo and Sriracha.
- Toss the cauliflower with the ‘Bang Bang’ (no Cillit, dirt still gone though) sauce.
- To serve top the shredded lettuce with the cauliflower and sprinkle with sliced green onions.
If you’re a Paleo dieter, you can still chomp on these.