I’ve been seeing a few “Interview with” posts kicking about and I’ve gone ahead and conducted one.
So, apparently, the best “Interview with” posts feature bloggers’ most inspirational figures.
My mum is my most inspirational human. I love her and everyone who meets her does too. She’s adorable and my absolute world!
1. When I was little, what did you think I was going to be when I grew up?
A writer. I knew you were going to be a writer from the stories you used to write and leave for me around the house.
2. Do you think I have more of your good qualities or bad qualities?
If you had taken any qualities at all, it’d only be the best ones!
3. What is the funniest thing I ever said or did as a kid?
The time when you shouted at me for taking you to the gate at nursery… You kept screaming “let me walk to school alone! I’ll go school by myself! Don’t follow me!”
4. When was the first time you heard me swear?
5. What would you have named me if I was the opposite gender?
I like the name Jude.
6. Did I look more like you or like dad when I was a baby?
A split image of me, although you do have your dad’s features.
7. What was the most annoying thing I did as a baby?
You were very stubborn. Still are!
8. What was my very first word?
9. Did you want me to be a boy or a girl?
They actually told me you were a boy. *fits of laughter* I was told I was having a boy.
10. How bad did giving birth hurt?
It was quite smooth in comparison to when I gave birth to your brother.
11. What is your very first memory of me?
Seeing you for the first time.
12. When you were my age, did you want kids?
I had kids when I was your age…
13. What made me cry most when I was little?
When you didn’t get your way.
14. What made me laugh the most when I was little?
You laughed at anything and everything.
15. What TV show would I watch every single day?
*I pull a face and whisper “NO! Change your answer!”*
… You loved Disney films mostly.
16. Did you ever lose me in the supermarket or anywhere else?
I stepped out to go and get something, you turned the key in the ignition of the car and drove it straight into a garage. That was fun.
*interview terminates here because I have words with my mum*
*interview resumes here because I have a blog post to write*
17. What was the first movie you brought me to the theater to see?
A Disney one I’m sure…
*insert any Disney movie here, apparently*
18. What song did I listen to on repeat when I was super young?
Wild World by Cat Stevens.
19. What was the nicest thing I ever said to you?
Do you ever?
*interview breaks while I tell my mum some nice things*
20. What was the meanest thing I ever said to you?
Is there a word limit on these things?
*interview terminates briefly while I say MORE nice things*
21. What was my favorite stuffed animal?
The big teddy bear you had which we won at the fairground.
22. What age (of mine) did you hate experiencing the most?
All 26 and 3/4 of them *laughing fit* I’m joking of course!
*interview restarts for SEO purposes*
23. What age (of mine) do you feel like we were closest?
Every one. I love you.
*cries eyes out*
24. What’s the first word that comes to mind when you hear my name?
25. What is the worst part about being my mother?
It wasn’t easy raising you, but I wouldn’t change you for the world.
26. What is the best part about being my mother?
How far you’ve come and how much you’ve grown. I’m proud of you.
*we both cry our eyeballs out of our faces*
27. What is my worst habit?
You bite your nails. It’s awful. STOP!
28. Which television character reminds you of me the most?
Mia from Princess Diaries.
29. What song reminds you of me the most?
Summertime. You sing it ALL the time. Can you practice something else!?!
30. What was I the most afraid of as a child?
Old people. You used to hide from the old lady I used to visit and do flower arranging for.
31. Overall, did you consider me a good kid?
32. Are you happy with the way I turned out?
Yeah, we all are.
Love you, mum! Thanks for being a legend.