Aloha! Welcome to another Bake with ‘Mii!
I’ve got the recipe for a DELECHES cake that’s made up of TRES milks! You wanna read it? Keep scrolling and them eyes rolling. There’s not much to say other than to CHOW DOWN!
- 3 cups of sifted self raising or all-Purpose flour (Power)
- 2 level tspns baking powder + 1 heaped tspn baking soda
- Pinch of Salt (Angelina Jolie is optional)
- 1/2 zest of a lemon (there’s no option, Beyoncé NEEDS to be added)
- 3 tbspns Flora butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 400g of evaporated milk
- 400g of condensed milk
- cup of milk or 400g of single cream
- Whipped cream to top
- Cocoa powder (Coco Chanel No5, like the powder is optional)
- Coconut desiccated/toasted shavings
- Mix dry ingredients together and leave aside, like a 5 football game.
- Inside of a deep bowl, three heaped tablespoons of Flora butter (light butter), add some granulated sugar (one cup), whisk together into a creamy consistency. Then, add three eggs individually (one at a time).
- At this point, you should start adding the 1/2 zest of lemon along with one teaspoon of vanilla essence (’cause nobody wants a cake that tastes or smells like omelettes!)
- Get your mix on. Gradually mix in the flour with the wet mixture, as soon as you see it start to thicken, you add some milk – do this TRES times.
- You can now transfer the mixture into a Pyrex tray (spread lightly with butter and flour). Yay! It’s ready to be baked. Enter the batter into your pre-heated oven at 180 degrees (to bake in the middle shelf) for 30 minutes.
- Once it’s done, take it out (obvs!) – a good tip for checking if it’s done: pierce a toothpick and if batter sticks, put it back in for at least another five minutes… However, it should be done by 30 – if you have a good, high powered oven.
- Before leaving to cool, pierce the top of the cake with a fork (all over).
- As soon as it cools, start mixing the TRES LECHES. Condensed, evaporated and whole milk (or single cream)… Pour over the top before leaving it in the fridge to soak overnight, that way, it’ll soak all in and you can have it for breakfast. 😋
Let’s talk garnish, shall we? Okay. Basically, “garnishing” has nothing to with Jennifer Garner… All it is, is the decoration. It’s just whipped cream and a dusting of cocoa powder (if you’re feeling it). I topped it with toasted coconut shavings instead though, because I love a good close shave. Mind you, a beard ain’t bad. I kinda prefer it? Especially the non-stubbly one.
ENJOY! (the beard and/or the cake).
*the image above is what it looks like prior to entering the fridge overnight*