Bags are one of the things I love to collect… Dune‘s new-ish collection of “True Love” garments/accessories are EVERYTHING – and I was kindly sent one of their bags to review.
It’s fair to note that they have trainers in this style too, but I was worried that the diamond detail might come off quicker if they were on my feet – and this made me hesitant. So, I chose the bag to review instead.
Let me begin by discussing the colour of the bag… It’s white. No, there aren’t other colours to choose from. Yes, white is an extremely tough colour for me to pull off because I’m relatively clumsy, and will manage to spill anything and everything on it to the point where it’ll stain. Bags and accessories are no different.
But, the fact that it’s not just white all over means it’ll no doubt be less noticeable. Green, blue, red and pink really compliment the white background and the charms, pearls etc. They’re really cute together. It really does not look too busy or tacky. The mix of colours works!
The leather is great. Apart from the strap feeling a bit flimsy, the bag itself doesn’t feel tacky.
As I explained briefly up top, the look of the bag is stunning. I love it so much. It pairs beautifully with a top and jeans. I like the fact that you can wear it during the and/or on a night out.
Look, the bag is pretty small in size, but it’s still mighty nonetheless. You can store quite a bit in there, actually.
The only down sides in my opinion are the price (for a bag of its size) and the fact that the diamonds/charms might fall off after regular use.
OnDemand manufacturing may have just recently began growing in popularity, but serial entrepreneur Pablos Holman was cracking the market for years!
Holman, an American businessman, has long been manufacturing some eclectic tights on demand… Enter: Bombsheller!
The range of quirky, customizable leggings come in a range 10 sizes, and enable customers to choose from thousands of pre-selected designs (with the option to upload their own). Each pair is digitally printed, cut, sewn to shipped in as little as 24 hours…
“It took months for classical fashion business to become the final product,” reflects Pablos as his company Bombsheller continues to make waves in the “wearable technology” world.
The idea behind Bombsheller came when the computer expert [Pablos] decided that he wanted to break into the fashion market, whilst connecting it with his main passion, technology. “It will be the first programmable clothing factory,” Holman previously mentioned in an interview with The Independent.
Bombsheller continues to go from strength to strength, and will forever remain as one of the first innovators in OnDemand manufacturing – especially where fashion’s concerned.
Fascinators are like light-weight headbands which are used to partially cover the head, and, in most cases, they are like a substitute to the traditional hat. In earlier days they were worn on formal occasions such as weddings or horse racing. Now, you can find women wearing them even in casual meetings and outings as a fashion accessory. Still have no idea about what fascinators are? Then try to recall the royal wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton. They wear the fascinator in their wedding party and you can even find some fascinator in every western wedding party. Most of the female guests were wearing them. Now a racing fascinator is the one which is generally worn for racing events.
What is the relation between the racing and the fascinator?
Racing originated several centuries ago with the advent of the monarchs and kings. It still remains just as popular event today. Racing involved a lot of money and it was considered a game of the rich. The women, who came to see racing wore fascinators. With the passage of time it became a tradition and racing fascinators became a rage. Since the rich group of people wore the racing fascinator, the fascinators became a mark of status, fashion and class. From the kingdom to the current time, women use the racing fascinators to execute status and these fascinators not only increase their status, and project them in a proper way, but the racing fascinators can also protect their hair from dust and dirt.
So why wear a racing fascinator?
• It can provide great depth to your outfit. Does your outfit lack a little something, but you can’t figure out
what it is? Just wear a racing fascinator and you will find a changed look instantly.
• It won’t matter even if the rest of your outfit is boring because the fascinator will keep the attention.
• Racing fascinators need not be exclusive to racing and people can use them on other events too.
• They make you look fancy and attractive.
• You can showcase your creativity and personality by customizing your racing fascinators. Fascinators are always considered as a best fashion accessory and people can easily carry them.
How to wear them correctly?
• Usually racing fascinators are worn at the right side of your head. So, unless the design is symmetric, make sure that the fascinator is on the right side.
• The color of the fascinators should be lighter than your outfit or you can choose the same color fascinators for your racing events. (This is a bendable rule and exceptions can be made)
• Choose a fascinator that matches your face structure and jaw line.
• A suitable pair of earrings and a neat hairstyle is compulsory. Long, hanging earrings may distract the attention from the fascinator and you can wear some diamond studs with your racing fascinators.
• Make sure the fascinator fits your head and is suitable and appropriate. It should not be too large for you. You can find different types of fascinators available in the market and you can choose the best one according to your face style such as if you have round face then you can choose the rectangle fascinator. For more details, you can contact the fascinator designers and they will assist you to choose the best one for your upcoming event.
Often racing fascinators are expensive and sometimes even cost more than your entire outfit. So, research well and pick them with care. Fascinators definitely bring a positive energy to the room. They make heads turn. So, turn your “Mad Hatter” mode on and go get yourself a racing fascinator.