My best kept skincare secret is Aloe Vera gel. I cannot explain to you how great it is for the skin, but for the purpose of my blog – I’m going to have to try.
I apply it everywhere, especially on my face. Since applying one layer daily, I’ve noticed my skin is softer, smoother and radiant-er.
Although some makeup artists don’t recommend applying it underneath makeup, I have been… If you use it sparingly, it can act as a good base.
Things you can use Aloe Vera gel as:
- A mask for the skin – lather your face in layers, leave to dry and peel off.
- Moisturisers – apply daily, in the morning or evening (depending on your preference.
Does it stink? Yes, it doesn’t smell like the nicest thing in the world, but the benefits overshadow its scent. I spritz some rose water on my face if the smell of aloe vera gets overpowering.
Benefits of using Aloe Vera gel:
- Good for softening fine lines, wrinkles
- Good for dry skin
- Good for blemishes, scars
- Good for
- Smoothens the skin
- It is just an all-round MVP of a natural
There you have it, Aloe Vera gel. Get some and apply some…
Growing Aloe Vera and applying some directly from the plant is safest. I’m working on that. But, getting it from the store in a squeezy bottle works just as well.